Friday, July 17, 2020

Feedback focus on students




feedback on students


We work as a collaborative team, sharing useful strategies to deliver in our online environment. I asked about how I can provide helpful feedback to all my students; it doesn't matter if they are expert or beginning students. They need the same opportunity to reflect on the process done during the unit of inquiry. Also, I was a learner; feedback helps me to make some adjustments to reinforce my skills and methodologies.

I'm thrilled to support my students in the development of skills, knowledge, concepts, and IB learners profile attributes to improve their learning assessment. For that reason, I designed a model in which students analyze some questions according to ATL skills. Focus on encouraging them to undertake an internal dialogue to recognize the next steps and how to take them.


Feedback focus on students





This image motivated them to reflect on how to improve their skills. For me, it was crucial to observe their strengths and perspectives while answering these questions. Because they are responsible for their knowledge in a specific context, with this in mind, my students are aware of how they have improved knowledge and skills by themselves. At this point, they`ve made sense of the feedback and focus on their learning more than correct a task. Once, they assume their responsibility in the process of learning, and we can introduce written and oral feedback.

1 comment:

  1. I find very interesting the orientation given to the process itself, according to the student’s context and the development of the reflection in their own evolution, not only of the knowledge adquirement, but most of all on their abilities and personal growth. Thank you for sharing Joha! Hugs, Ana Camargo

    ReplyDelete