Monday, October 19, 2020

Using Self- Assessment for students

I have spent time creating new ways to assess ATL skills, especially for primary students. It is inspiring for me, developing approaches to learning in my pupils from different settings. The most amazing is to see how my students are engaged to commit various learning experiences. In the previous article I talked about “ATL skills: Self- Assessment” and now I want to show you how my third-grade students were working in this model.


At first, I explained the intention of this experience and the reasons self-assessment is vital to reflect on their own learning. Then, they focus on working in this strategy, in which some pupils decide to create the same lotus flower or another image that could represent the ATL skills. I encouraged learners to elaborate a picture with the five elements of the approach to learning, and I added to write five concrete actions to improve for the next unit inquiry. I asked my group of students to make an image of how they could illustrate their skills. They felt cheerful for doing something that they like, showing enthusiasm to elaborate on their own task. 




self- assessment



This challenge demonstrated agency in the development of a creative task. Learners could show an active role in the development of this learning experience; thinking about the best image to represent the approaches to learning and at the same time, they had time to present the innovation task to their classmate. All students involved in sharing their piece of work with the entire class. In this case, kids had an active voice in which they created thoughts or ideas about their own learning throughout the unit of inquiry because pupils loved to make decisions by themselves. They took responsibility for their own learning, and at the same time, they could reflect on their strengths and weaknesses





I believe it is essential to create an environment in which our students show their initiative as an opportunity to build progress in their ATL skills. This learning experience was an effective way to foster our students to be knowledgeable about their own performance with our support. As well as to make connections between each approach to learning to be a better human being.






No comments:

Post a Comment